Friday, October 29, 2010

A Time to Pray

Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe. ( Psalm 61:1-3 NIV )

     For as many times we celebrate victories we must endure times of challenge. I have always said that if we do not have challenges in our life, than our testimony looses strength. In the short time that I have been here I have seen a lot of faces leave. Some choose to leave on their own and some leave due to bad choices. One thing I have seen in common with most is that tears are left behind! Though sad I can't help but wonder what the tears are for. If I was a betting man I would probably say that they were tears of separation. Meaning, leaving friends and leaving adults that love them. Just proof that this ministry is a very precious one. Not only that, It means seeing dear, newly found friends that go through trials as well. On our first week on duty I sat the boys down and told them something. I said " I know this will be hard for you to digest, but please know that I love each and every one of you." For a person that has never had eye contact with you before tell you he loves you, that is strange. However, that is what God did for us. It is our DUTY ( not job) to show these kids the same Love. Sometimes it's tough Love, but its love all the same. The same goes for each missionary here as well. Living here on campus I have realized that we must unite as one body and that means to share each victory and challenge with one another. A lot like a church family you could say. Just today i found out that A very dear person had bad results on a test and a very, very serious procedure must be done. I want to say right now that I am praying for a perfect outcome as I attempt to make sense of this blog ( I pray it does make sense :)   However I know that God allows each and every circumstance to arise, and He knows each outcome. What an awesome feeling to know that! I believe that the time we get to spend with each other not just here, but where ever we go, we need to understand the importance of showing Gods Love. And that includes our sincere prayer time. Asking God's providence in all situations. One circumstance I have not experienced yes is meeting a new face. Although sad as well, I pray that we can make it an exciting and comfortable time for the child. All by showing Love, Understanding, and Grace. I pray that this was a blessing for you and please continue to pray for Denise and I as we continue our mission for God
                    I will glorify your name forever. For great is your Love toward me. ( Psalm 86: 12-13 NIV) 

2 comments:

  1. Denise, I love your blog. It is so encouraging and uplifting. Great way to keep up with your ministry. Keep it up!
    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mrs. Hazel. Praying for you and John. Praying for a speedy recovery and that he is feeling better real soon!

    ReplyDelete