Thursday, November 11, 2010

OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN WILL ALWAYS BE WITH US!

Last night at dinner the boys were talking about going home to my moms house for Thanksgiving. They were asking what my mom was like and I was telling them about her and where she lived. Then they said; What about your dad, what's he like? I said, Well my daddy died 4 years ago from cancer. But he was a great man. He was very kind and I love and miss him very much. You could see some of the boys hang there head and continue to eat. Some of the other boys chimed in and said, Well I don't like my dad. I haven't seen him in forever and don't want to. Another boy talked about how abusive his dad was to him and his mother. He said, It's because of my dad that I'm here. It made me miss my daddy even more. God took a good man from his family and left daddy's on earth that abuse and hurt people. It became hard for me to understand. But then I realized how many boys have been saved here at ABC Home. If God did not have a plan for these boys, they would not be here right now and possibly not even know Jesus as their personal Savior. I guess the conversation got me thinking about my daddy. In 2004 my daddy went to California to see his brothers. He brought me back a bottle of wine to keep as decoration. I liked it just because he gave it to me. I have held on to that bottle of wine ever since then. Now that he's gone to heaven to be with his father,I feel like if I have that bottle of wine, I have a part of him with me. (If you look at the ABC Home picture's we have posted you can see it sitting behind my mom's hands made with candle wax.)Well when I went to bed last night I had a dream. I dreamt that my daddy was with me and there was also an elderly woman there that I didn't recognize. I dreamt that she came to my house and seen the bottle of wine and asked me for a glass. I told her NO. My daddy gave that to me and I'm going to keep it! My daddy never spoke in my dream. He looked at me and took down the bottle of wine from the shelf. He opened it and poured the lady a glass of wine. I didn't feel upset in my dream though. My daddy was there and he was serving this lady the wine and I guess that made it OK for me. It's almost like he was telling me you don't have to hang on to this. You can let this go because I am always with you.
Just like these boys at the home. Their daddy's can't be with them. But we have one father in common who is always with us. A Father that has promised to never leave us....our Heavenly Father.

Thank you daddy for being the father to me that you were. I will cherish the memories for as long as I live. And unlike most of the memories the kids here have of their dads, I have wonderful memories of you.


KEEP YOUR LIVES FREE FROM THE LOVE OF MONEY AND BE CONTENT WITH WHAT YOU HAVE, BECAUSE GOD HAS SAID, "NEVER WILL I LEAVE YOU; NEVER WILL I FORSAKE YOU."
                                                            HEBREWS 13:5

5 comments:

  1. Tears and happiness at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a word with words. Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That should be "way" with words. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacy Murray BullardNovember 11, 2010 at 4:42 PM

    God sure blessed us with a wonderful Daddy, friend and hero. Oh my, how beautiful the day will be when we are reunited!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was not me that wrote it...it was God. Each time I go to write my devotion I pray that God writes it for me and gives me the word's to help someone. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Hoped it helped. I love you too. And yes Stacy, I am awaiting the sound of the trumpet. I will meet you at the pearly gates....and our daddy will be there to greet us. :-)

    ReplyDelete