Tuesday, November 30, 2010

GOD'S LITTLE HELPERS

Well I survived the night! Those of you who know Ethan, imagine 7 little Ethan's running around. That's where we are for the week. Gary and I are taking on the little boys. Please pray for us. :) I came to the little boys cottage yesterday morning and everything was going fine...and then the boys came home from school. Screaming, running and banging on the walls. O my! I started thinking what did I get myself into. Well after about an hour they calmed down a LITTLE. 3 of the boys helped get dinner ready and the others worked on their homework. One set the table and one blessed the food. Time for a shower and no one was interested. We had to go from Mr and Mrs Nice to Mr and Mrs not so nice. It seemed to be the only thing that was going to work for these little guys. After a few screams (from the kids not Gary) and banging the walls, all was quiet. That's when I think I took my first breath. Gary and I just kinda fell onto the couch and looked at each other. Neither one of us needed to say anything. We both knew what the other was thinking. I got my notes done on the boys, finished up the menus and was in bed by 11:00 pm. The little boys don't get up until 6:00 am. So at six this morning the alarm went off. Gary went out to wake up all the boys and I got dressed. I walked out to the living room and all I seen was boys running in circles around the couch screaming! (I know...I had to laugh) I told Gary, quick get their medicine. After meds and breakfast things went well. They all got their chores done, made their beds and got dressed for school. We combed their hair and Gary sprayed some cologne on them. One of the boys came up to me and said; Do I smell good? I said yes you do. He said; I'm gonna have all the girls chasing me. Precious boys with a lot of energy! After they left for school I just started reflecting on the morning and thought, God's children. With a positive influence these boys can do great things for God. They be small but God uses the small children too. God Bless you all. Please pray for us we have a week to go. :)

TRAIN A CHILD IN THE WAY HE SHOULD GO,
AND WHEN HE IS OLD HE WILL NOT TURN FROM IT.
                                       PROVERBS 22:6

2 comments:

  1. Oh my sweet daughter.........bless you and Gary's hearts. I remember those days with you all being that small with so much energy. NOW, don't know if I could handle all that energy at one time.
    Hope you have a blessed day. ONLY 3 1/2 days to go. LOL LOL LOL

    ReplyDelete