Thursday, November 18, 2010

NOT ALWAYS PERFECT

I almost chose not to write on the blog today because I am struggling in the ministry. I decided that I needed to write because as in the real world, it's not perfect here either. We had struggles and the devil tries to be our leader when we are weak and vulnerable. I had a really bad day yesterday with one of the kids and it continued on through this morning. Sometimes I feel like I have put my own child in a undesirable environment. I love the kids here but do get frustrated with them as I do my own kids. I want what's best for them and they really don't understand that. They think everyone is "out to get them" or "picking on them" and we are just trying to help them. We want to take them off of the rough road they have been traveling and show them love for the little time that we have them. Most of them tend to reject love. They don't want to get close to people because that makes them feel weak. Weak is not a good feeling for any of us and for the kids its a scary feeling. They don't want to attach themselves to anyone because they know they are only here for a while. I would love for all of them to be receptive to what we have to offer but I guess that would be too easy. So I guess I just needed to release some emotions today. I thank the house parents that are being such good support for Gary and I. Without them our job would be even harder. Please pray for the Lord to give me the strength  that I need to endure the road ahead. I love the kids and only wish the best for them.  God bless you all and love each and every one of you!

LET US FIX OUR EYES ON JESUS, THE AUTHOR AND PERFECTER OF OUR FAITH, WHO FOR THE JOY SET BEFORE HIM ENDURED THE CROSS, SCORNING ITS SHAME, AND SAT DOWN AT THE RIGHT HAND OF THE THRONE OF GOD.
                                                        HEBREWS 12:2

2 comments:

  1. God is good, all the time God is good. Whenever God's work is really in process, the old devil steps in to try to destroy EVERYTHING! As christians, we can recognize the evil one, pray for him to get behind thee in Jesus' sake, and then ask God for the strength to deal with everyday problems. God loves you and loves you for what your doing. He will not forsake you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mom! My favorite Bible verse, as I'm sure you know, is "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." I know God is holding me through the tough times and putting me on my feet when he thinks I am ready to stand.

    ReplyDelete