Sunday, November 21, 2010

GOD.....THE CREATOR OF ALL THINGS!

We started our morning off a little rocky. Some of the boys decided to get up on the wrong side of the bed. Someone said something about the other ones mom and all the sudden almost everyone at the table was arguing. Well, we quickly put a stop to that and told them that moms were off limits for people to talk about. Even though these boys are here most due to the fact of their moms, they still love them and are very protective of them. As I was getting ready for church I just started thinking, wow I wished these boys were that protective of their true creator, God. Gary was preaching at Arkansas City Baptist church today so when we loaded the boys up in the van I just turned around and said; OK, I'm going to tell you something. I don't want any comments, any arguing...I just want you to listen. I reminded them of the breakfast table and how defensive they became of their moms. But I said do you realize who created your moms and who created you? I said without God none of us would be here. I told them I would love for them to be that defensive of their God. I said next time someone disrespects your God, ask them to not do that. Start defending your God! For HE is your father and HE deserves our respect. No God, no mothers. The van was quiet for a few minutes and then everyone was back to talking about everything else. I don't know if they even thought about what I said, But God layed it on my heart to say it. Two of our boys gave a speech at the church about what it means to them to live at ABC Homes. It really touched my heart with what they said. They really do appreciate structure, security and having a stable home. One kid has been told by a judge that he can return home to his mom in a couple of months. He has asked the judge to let him stay here. He said without this place he would not be going to church, he would not be going to school and he would be running with the wrong crowd. It's awesome that he knows he will be taking care of and loved here but sad that his mom can not provide that type of environment for him. I am very proud of him for thinking about his future and not just wanting to get out and run from his problems. We gave one of the boys in our cottage a Birthday party today. That was a lot of fun and the kids enjoyed hanging out and playing the Wii together. The Birthday boy wanted a peach cake for his Birthday so I managed to make one and it came out pretty tasty. Surprise. Good thing I enjoy Birthday parties because they seem to happen here all the time. :-) Love all you guys and hope you have an awesome God created day!

FOR BY HIM ALL THINGS WERE CREATED: THINGS IN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH, VISIBLE, AND INVISIBLE, WHETHER THRONES OR POWERS OR RULERS OR AUTHORITIES; ALL THINGS WERE CREATED BY HIM AND FOR HIM.
                                                                   COLOSSIANS 1:16

No comments:

Post a Comment