Wednesday, November 10, 2010

LIVING IN GOD'S HOUSE

This morning my alarm went off at what I thought was 5:15am. I got up and got ready for the kids to start getting up. Pretty soon I realized everyone was late getting up but me! Well, I waited a few minutes more and said Gary, are you going to get the boys up. He said not at 4:15. Whoops! New day....New beginnings. Well the kids got up on time and came to the table for breakfast.  The kid assigned to cook chore on that day says the prayer before we eat. We have devotion, eat breakfast and then they start doing their daily chores. I was walking around the house watching them complete their daily chores. The kids were laughing and talking about what they had planned today. Each one was working on a different chore and they were trying to make sure the house was getting clean so they didn't get any consequences. I just started thinking, wow! I live in God's house. It's really the first time I realized that. How many people actually get to live in God's house! Every morning we have worship and then we get the privilege of taking care of the Lord's house. We should be cleaning to please the Lord. The joy and laughter from the children must be music to God's ears. Taking care of his children and his house is a blessing. Hope everyone has a blessed day. All the boy's are doing well and excited about Christmas! Gary and I are just hoping we survive it. :)

SURELY GOODNESS AND LOVE WILL FOLLOW ME ALL THE DAYS OF MY LIFE, AND I WILL DWELL IN THE HOUSE OF THE LORD FOREVER.
                                                     PSALM 23:6
Amen. What an awesome verse!!

No comments:

Post a Comment