Wednesday, February 23, 2011


I hope you all are having a great day. We are off today. We just came off duty with the big guys. One of them is leaving today at 11:00 am. Please pray for him. He has a hard time not being with his mom. He is the type that thinks the grass is going to be greener on the other side. It's hard doing this ministry. Who would have thought that? Kids come and kids go. It's hard to see them leave when you have become so attached to them. But on the other side, it's nice to see them come and you see them slowly starting to trust you. I can definitely say that I came into this ministry disillusioned. I suppose I expected only God to be here. But the Devil is everywhere, right. We have days where things go smooth, but as soon as everything is looking pretty, the Devil shows up. Man I can't stand him! We are here and plan to battle the Devil all the way. He has no strength when it comes to our God does he? I can say though that I know God put us here for a reason. We love these kids so much. We have built bonds with them that I think they will always remember. They are great kids in need of someone to show them love. I think we have one that is going to be a preacher. He was saved 3 months ago and the difference in him is amazing. God is really working in him. He has said that he wants to be a preacher. He did a devotion one night for our cottage and he did a great job! It's a wonderful feeling knowing that we are able to play a part in his spiritual maturing. I am so glad that God is able to use us here. We are here as long as God wants us here, and we will love these kids for a lifetime.
God Bless you!

BUT BE SURE TO FEAR THE LORD AND SERVE HIM FAITHFULLY WITH ALL YOUR HEART; CONSIDER WHAT GREAT THINGS HE HAS DONE FOR YOU.
                                                            I SAMUEL 12:24

                       Always have faith. God will take care of the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment