Tuesday, February 15, 2011

SECOND CHANCE GOD


I think I came into this ministry not thinking that there would be kids leave here that we weren't able to help. I think that I thought, with the help of God, we can help them all and they will all be better people as they grow older. There is a kid that is leaving here by his choice. He feels like he has done "the best he can," and it has not been good enough, in his eyes. I know there is a place deep in him that is crying out for help. I don't think he really wants to leave, I just think he's tired of trying to impress people. He's tired of trying to be someone he's not. Have you ever pretended to be someone you weren't just to impress them? Then when you finally left their presence you thought, Wow, I'm exhausted and glad that's over. Now I can just be myself! Trying to be someone your not can become exhausting after a while. This kid has messed up doing that. He has dug a hole so deep he can't see a way out. I just keep thinking Lord, he just needs one more chance. I know we can help him. He just needs one more chance. God is a second chance God. And a third, fourth.....a forever chance God. I can't help but thinking if it wasn't for all the chances God gave me, I wouldn't be here. This kid needs one more chance God. He said something today that really struck my heart. He said; 'If you could just see me with my mom, you would like me. He said, Me and my mom are just alike. I can be myself around her and everyone likes us'. It just kind of let me know that he didn't feel normal or himself without his mom.  My prayer is that wherever God takes him, it's a place that will love him and give him that second chance. A place where he can be himself....and love himself as God loves us. A place where he will realize that he is a good person and God is always willing to give him that second chance.


AND HE TOOK THE CHILDREN IN HIS ARMS, PUT HIS HANDS ON THEM AND BLESSED THEM.   MARK 10:16

No comments:

Post a Comment