Thursday, April 14, 2011

LETTER FROM A FRIEND

I just had to write to tell you how much I love you. Yesterday, I saw you walking and laughing with your friends. I hoped that soon you would invite me to walk along with you, too, but you were too busy, so I painted you a sunset to close your day and whispered I love you with a cool breeze to refresh you. I waited and waited, but you never called, so I just kept on loving you. As I watched you fall asleep last night, I wanted so much to touch you and hold you in my arms. I watched you toss and turn from the troubles of the day and I wanted so much to let you know that I understood and cared. I spilled moonlight into your face-letting it trickle down your face as so many tears have-trying to tell you once again how much I dearly love you, but you didn't even think of me. I wanted so much to comfort you! The next day, I painted a brilliant sunrise into a glorious morning for you, but you woke up late and rushed off to your daily routine-you didn't even notice. It made me very sad that you did not respond to my love and my sky became cloudy-my tears were the rain. I LOVE YOU!
Oh, if you would only listen. I really love you! I try to say it in the quiet, green meadows and the clear, sparkling streams. I shout it from the snow clad mountain tops and the lush, green valleys. I paint my love in the heavens in the blue skies and fluffy white clouds. The wind whispers my love through the treetops and spills it into the vibrant colors of all the flowers and the foliage of the trees. I shout my love to you in the thunder of the great waterfalls and through my mighty rivers. I compose and give my birds love songs to sing to you throughout the day. I warm you with the clothing of my sunshine, and perfume the air with nature's sweet scents. I even send some of my children by to tell you about my love for you. My love for you is deeper than any ocean and it is greater than any need in your heart. If you would only realize how much I care. You can cast all your cares on me because I care for you.
My dad sends his love too! I want you to meet him soon. He cares for you too! Fathers are just that way.
Please call on me-ask me-talk with me soon! Please don't forget me. I have so much to share with you!
All right, I won't bother you any further. You are free to choose me or reject me. It's your decision. I have chosen you, and no matter how long it takes, I'll wait--because I LOVE YOU!
Your friend,
Jesus

What a beautiful letter. Doesn't it make you realize that God is EVERYWHERE? He is the wind, the flowers the sunshine and the rain. Today when you go about your day, think about this letter and ask God to walk along beside you. He will be glad you asked him to join you. God loves us so much! I hope his blessings rain on you today.

I PRAY THAT OUT OF HIS GLORIOUS RICHES HE MAY STRENGTHEN YOU WITH  POWER THROUGH HIS SPIRIT IN YOUR INNER BEING, SO THAT CHRIST MAY DWELL IN YOUR HEARTS THROUGH FAITH. AND I PRAY THAT YOU, BEING ROOTED AND ESTABLISHED IN LOVE, MAY HAVE POWER, TOGETHER WITH ALL THE SAINTS, TO GRASP HOW WIDE AND LONG AND HIGH AND DEEP IS THE LOVE OF CHRIST, AND TO KNOW THIS LOVE THAT SURPASSES KNOWLEDGE-THAT YOU MAY BE FILLED TO THE MEASURE OF ALL THE FULLNESS OF GOD.
                                            EPHESIANS 3:16-19

1 comment: