Monday, May 9, 2011

I AIM TO PLEASE YOU!

As I normally tell you, I talk to God as I exercise on my daily walk. Gary and I get a little discouraged sometimes at this job. The kids may be misbehaving or we feel like we are not able to please anyone. No matter how hard we try, sometimes it's just not enough.  And then today, on my walk, I thought; why? When did our job become about pleasing everyone but our God? When did we start working to please someone other than the one who saved us from a Devil's hell? Gary and I are here, not to please the children, not to please our co-workers, but to please God Almighty. If our work is pleasing to God, then it should be pleasing to everyone, right. Well, everyone but the Devil! I was walking today and was about 1/2 mile away when I looked down the road and seen Mr. Carpenter. He is an older man that walks in town and people give him money and feed him. (You can read more about him on this blog: Christmas shoes.) He is pretty old and not able to walk well. For the first time since I've been in Monticello, I seen him with his thumb out. He was wanting a ride. I watched one by one, each car pass him by. I thought, what makes our life so busy that we can't stop and give an elderly man a ride down the street. I watched as each car passed him while I approached him. I stopped and asked him how he was doing. He said he was doing fine and he reached out to hug me. I gave him a hug and asked him where he was trying to get to. He told me he was going to the Huddle House to get something to eat. The Huddle House was only about 1/2 mile from where we were standing. I hugged him and told him I loved him and I hoped he got a ride soon. He just smiled. I walked away and I kept looking back as I got further down the road. He still stood there, waiting for a ride. One by one, people passed him by. I prayed to God to please never let my life get so busy that I can't stop and please him. I don't want to ever pass someone by that needs a friend. I don't ever want my actions to be unpleasing to God. He gave me life, eternity with him awaits for me. The least I can do is try to live a life pleasing to him. A life to please my Savior!


MAY THE GOD OF PEACE, WHO THROUGH THE BLOOD OF THE ETERNAL COVENANT BROUGHT BACK FROM THE DEAD OUR LORD JESUS, THAT GREAT SHEPHERD OF THE SHEEP, EQUIP YOU WITH EVERYTHING GOOD FOR DOING HIS WILL, AND MAY HE WORK IN US WHAT IS PLEASING TO HIM, THROUGH JESUS CHRIST, TO WHOM BE GLORY FOR EVER AND EVER. AMEN.               
                                          HEBREWS 13:20-21

Lord you know my heart. Please let everything I do be for your Glory and pleasing to you, God. I love you Lord! Thank you for my Salvation and the tool's you give me to work for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment