Saturday, May 28, 2011

Who is in the mirror?

My mom text me today and said; Denise, I have the perfect subject for your blog today. She said; I got up this morning and looked in the mirror and thought, who is that woman looking back at me? I laughed it off but later on I got to thinking about what I see when I look in the mirror. Time changes us all. Sometimes not just on the outside, but on the inside as well. I thought about the person I used to see when I looked in the mirror. I did not like the person I use to see. Not so much the outward appearance, but when you look in the mirror there is something about looking in your own eyes that reaches your soul. I use to see a lot of pain in my eyes when I looked in the mirror. I did not read my Bible very often, was not attending church like I should have been and strayed away from God's direction for my life. It was only when I reevaluated myself and what God wanted for my life, instead of what I wanted, before I found peace in my life. I did not like the person I use to see in the mirror until I came back to God. My friend is trying to lose weight. Most of you who look in the mirror see more weight than you want, maybe more wrinkles than you would like, but I challenge you to look in the mirror a little different next time. Look in your eyes and just stare at yourself. What will you see? Will you like the person looking back at you? God loves you no matter what you have done. He created you and he loves you as you are...inside and out. Amazing unconditional love. You can't find that anywhere else, except through God. May God bless you!

FOR EVERYTHING GOD CREATED IS GOOD, AND NOTHING IS TO BE REJECTED IF IT IS RECEIVED WITH THANKSGIVING, BECAUSE IT IS CONSECRATED BY THE WORD OF GOD AND PRAYER.
                    1 TIMOTHY 4:4

1 comment: