Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A BURNING DESIRE FOR GOD


Do you remember when you first got saved? I'm sure that you do. That's a feeling you can never forget. I was thinking today about my daddy. He led me to the Lord. I started thinking about that overwhelming feeling you get when you become saved. It's like a flood just sweeps over you. A feeling like nothing is ever going to be able to stop you, because now you have God on your side. I wondered why we lose that feeling. The Bible says God never changes. He's always the same, so that just leaves us. We change the feeling. Over time, we let the world get to us and break our spirit. We need to find a way to get that "New Saved" feeling back. That type of feeling that only God can give you. He didn't change it.....we did. We allowed the devil to sneak in and steal a piece of our joy. Don't you know that the devil is happy about that. Let's take it back from him! I am praying that God will set my soul on fire for him. To give me that "WoW" feeling again. That feeling that nothing will ever come between me and God. That type of feeling that everyone you run into, you want to tell them about your Jesus! You want to get that feeling back? Pray for God to change your heart. To make your heart desire him only. I know that if we truly seek his presence, he will come. He's never changing, always the same. Let him put us back together again, and let's learn how to keep that burning desire in our soul.....forever.
Lord, I want to feel your presence today and always. Please set my soul on fire for you!

DELIGHT YOURSELF IN THE LORD AND HE WILL GIVE YOU THE DESIRES
OF YOUR HEART.             
                           PSALM 37:4

O LORD, GOD OF OUR FATHERS ABRAHAM, ISAAC AND ISRAEL, KEEP THIS DESIRE IN THE HEARTS OF YOUR PEOPLE FOREVER, AND KEEP THEIR HEARTS LOYAL TO
YOU.                    
                    1 CHRONICLES 29:18

YES, LORD, WALKING IN THE WAY OF YOUR LAWS, WE WAIT FOR YOU; YOUR NAME AND RENOWN ARE THE DESIRE OF OUR HEARTS. MY SOUL YEARNS FOR YOU IN THE NIGHT; IN THE MORNING MY SPIRIT LONGS FOR YOU.
                         ISAIAH 26:8-9

May God fill your heart with a burning desire for him, and may he bless you always!

No comments:

Post a Comment