Wednesday, March 16, 2011

THANK YOU LORD

Today I just want to give my Lord thanks for my family. I take for granted sometimes the little things I'm blessed with. We are not only teaching these children here, but they are teaching us. There is a teenage boy here that wants to find his family. He has 2 brothers that he has never met and he wants to find them. He wants to know his brothers and he wants them to know the person he has became. Talking to him makes me realize how fortunate I am and was growing up. I have always had a loving and caring family. I have always had the pleasures of family vacations, movie night and going to church together. I remember when I was a young girl, we had this big sawdust pile in the woods around our house that had a road that went around it. My brother was learning how to drive. Me and my sister would stand at different spots on that road and my brother would act like he was a bus driver and stop and pick us up. I remember my daddy when he surrendered to preach. Every Saturday night he would sit us all down in the living room and practice his Sunday sermon on us. (So if we didn't listen Saturday we could hear it again Sunday. lol) I have lots of memories growing up with my family. A lot of these kids here are not that fortunate to have those precious memories. So thank you Lord. Thank you for my family and the blessings you give me everyday. Lord, please help me to never take them for granted...... and please tell my daddy I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment