Wednesday, March 9, 2011

WORRYING IS A WASTE OF TIME!


I know it's easier to say than it is to do. We all worry even though God tells us not to. I suppose sometimes we think we can take care of everything ourselves. That's what gets us in trouble. We had some children leave this week and I found myself worrying about them and their care. God reminded me that they were his children and he would take care of it, I need not worry about it. I can remember when my dad was alive. If I had a problem that I was worrying about and took the problem to my dad, most of the time he would say; Denise, don't worry. I will take care of it. I remember that I would feel so much better after he said that. Because I trusted my daddy enough to know that if he said he would take care of it, he was going to take care of it. Well, my heavenly father has so much more power and authority than my earthly father had. Why can't I take it to God and then just let it go because he has said, I will take care of it. I should have so much faith in God and know that he took care of the problem years before I was born. No matter how much I worry about it, God already handled it for me. All I need to do is pray and turn it over to my Savior, then let it go. He is in control of all.


DO NOT BE ANXIOUS ABOUT ANYTHING, BUT IN EVERYTHING, BY PRAYER AND PETITION, WITH THANKSGIVING, PRESENT YOUR REQUEST TO GOD. AND THE PEACE OF GOD, WHICH TRANSCENDS ALL UNDERSTANDING, WILL GUARD YOUR HEARTS AND YOUR MINDS IN CHRIST JESUS.                                  PHILIPPIANS 4:6-7


I encourage you, whatever you are worrying about...give it to God.  Pray and then know that you have left your problem in good hands. God already had it worked out before you even asked.

FOR I KNOW THE PLANS I HAVE FOR YOU,' DECLARES THE LORD, 'PLANS TO PROSPER YOU AND NOT TO HARM YOU, PLANS TO GIVE YOU HOPE AND A FUTURE. THEN YOU WILL CALL UPON ME AND COME AND PRAY TO ME, AND I WILL LISTEN TO YOU. YOU WILL SEEK ME AND FIND ME WHEN YOU SEEK ME WITH ALL YOUR HEART. I WILL BE FOUND BY YOU,' DECLARES THE LORD, 'AND WILL BRING YOU BACK FROM CAPTIVITY.
                                                                  JEREMIAH 29:11-14
WHO OF YOU BY WORRYING CAN ADD A SINGLE HOUR TO YOUR LIFE?
                                                    MATTHEW 25:27

No comments:

Post a Comment