Friday, March 18, 2011

A WALK WITH GOD

I started walking this past week trying to lose some weight and get in shape. I started walking 20 minutes and yesterday I walked 2.6 miles in 47 minutes. My goal is 5 miles a day. I will get there, it will just take a little while. I used to walk all the time and forgot how much I enjoy it. I realized today that I can utilize that time to spend with just me and God. I walked and started praying for God to just protect and bless my friends and family. I was talking to God as if he was physically walking right beside me. It was awesome. I would just say; God, look at this gorgeous day you created and look at that beautiful sky you painted. I talked to God and thanked him for so much that I neglect to thank him for daily. Even the little things. I passed a lady working in her flower beds and asked God to bless her today. I passed a bum on the street and asked God to help him today. And then I passed this.............
A baby's shoe laying on side of the road. I started praying for that baby. I asked God to bless the baby that once wore that shoe. I said please let this baby grow strong and healthy and eventually come to know you as their Lord and Savior. I asked God to please let this babies parents come to know him if they don't, so this baby could be raised in a Christian home. Then I played a game and said, every blue car that passes me, I'm going to pray for. So if you were in Monticello today in a blue car, prayers went up for you. :-) I learned very quickly today that I'm not only exercising my physical body, I'm exercising my spiritual body, which is more important to me anyway. If you need that one on one time with God (which I believe everyone does) and can't seem to find a quiet place, go walking. You will be surprised how God uses you on your walk. And you will love how close you feel to God when it's just you and him. Talk to God like he's your best friend. He love's those talks and you will treasure the moments. I hope you have a great day and can exercise your spirit today in some way. May God bless you in a mighty way today!

THIS IS WHAT THE LORD SAYS:
'STAND AT THE CROSSROADS AND LOOK;
ASK FOR THE ANCIENT PATHS,
ASK WHERE THE GOOD WAY IS, AND WALK IN IT,
AND YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS.
                  JEREMIAH 6:16

No comments:

Post a Comment