Friday, March 4, 2011

GOSSIP-THE ULTIMATE POISON

Did you know that it doesn't take much to start a rumor. Whatever you say always seems to catch back up with you in one way or the other. I can say that the hardest thing for me is keeping my mouth shut. I am so guilty of speaking what I think...before I think. I pray that the Lord helps me work on taming my tongue. I don't want to be a poison in his ministry and I don't want to hurt some one's feelings by a vicious rumor. I pray that the Lord helps me work on keeping my mouth shut! May I not open my mouth unless I have something positive to say.
God says if it offends thee, cut it off. I know that's not realistic in our times now, but it sure would put a stop to a lot of trouble uh.
If we truly have a heart for God, we will bridle our tongue. God says our religion is WORTHLESS if we do not bridle our tongue. WORTHLESS! Lord I pray that you will forgive me for the words I spoke just today. I pray that you help me bridle my tongue and not participate in poisoning your ministry.

You know they say that children say what is on their minds. They say it but mean not harm in it. We say what's on our minds but often we say it to hurt someone else. I pray that God will not let my heart feel what my mouth can not reveal.

I don't want anyone to ever say about me; Well don't tell her, the whole world will find out. And it's probably happened. I'm not proud to say it but it's probably true. Sad but true. I just pray that I can be the type of Christian I desire and God desires me to be. I want to help, not hurt and I don't want to say anything that I will be sorry for in the future. I pray for a heart and tongue for Jesus.

I don't want to hurt anyone with my actions or my words. I also do not want to be the person that causes someone else to not come to Christ. Lord please make and mold me as you please for I desire to be more like you!

I SAID 'I WILL WATCH MY WAYS AND KEEP MY TONGUE FROM SIN;
I WILL PUT A MUZZLE ON MY MOUTH AS LONG AS THE WICKED ARE IN MY PRESENCE.'
PSALM 39:1 

My prayer is that God helps me put a muzzle on my mouth at ALL TIMES!

No comments:

Post a Comment