Wednesday, December 22, 2010

....THE GREATEST GIFT OF ALL!

My family is celebrating the Christmas holiday in the morning because we will be on duty with the boys for Christmas. Traditionally we let the kids open one gift on Christmas eve. Since today is "our" Christmas eve we let Lyndsie and Ethan open one gift. The gift Ethan picked out to open turned out to be a new Bible with his name on it. He is very proud of it. The gift Lyndsie opened is one that we picked for her to open because it was a toy Pomeranian puppy and I didn't know where to hide it for the night. Lyndsie loves her! (Name yet to be determined. She is taking suggestions.) She has been begging for a pom for two years. Tomorrow we will get up and have Christmas with our kids and then Saturday we will have Christmas with the Senior Boys. I know the kids will be grateful for everything they get. I just wanted to say Thank you Lord. I am so thankful for the greatest gift of all. I know that I will love everything my husband and kids got me for Christmas, but my salvation is the gift that I will cherish the forever. I am so thankful that God gave me an eternal gift. The gift of going to heaven for eternity. You don't have to beg for it and you don't have to wish that you had it. All you have to do is ask God, believe and it will be given to you. Such an easy way to get the greatest gift of all. Thank you Lord for loving me enough to hang on that cross and suffer for my sins so that I may spend eternity with my Heavenly Father.

I HAVE BEEN CRUCIFIED WITH CHRIST AND I NO LONGER LIVE, BUT CHRIST LIVES IN ME. THE LIFE I LIVE IN THE BODY, I LIVE BY FAITH IN THE SON OF GOD, WHO LOVED ME AND GAVE HIMSELF FOR ME. I DO NOT SET ASIDE THE GRACE OF GOD, FOR IF RIGHTEOUSNESS COULD BE GAINED THROUGH THE LAW, CHRIST DIED FOR NOTHING.  
                                                        GALATIANS 2:20-21







                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment