Monday, December 20, 2010

SEEKING GOD'S WILL

We are always seeking God's will for our lives. We know that God is not a God of confusion but we sure do seem to be second guessing ourselves a lot. We really had a rough day yesterday with a couple of the kids. We didn't get much sleep and exhaustion almost took us down. Some of the kids don't know how to control their anger or their emotions and so they don't make good choices all the time. Kind of like me, I don't always make good choices. The kids do "dumb" things sometimes seeking attention from anyone that they can get it from. So we were up really late last night trying to help one of them make better decisions for his life. Sometimes it's easier just to walk away and hope the situation gets better but God always gives me the strength to endure what the ministry throws at us. I am always praying that the decisions I make are God's will. Even us grown ups are not so good at making good decisions some times so how can we expect kids to make them all the time. We can't. We can only hope that we are leading by example so that they can grow in God's will. I have watched one of our new Christian's change right before my eye's. It has been such a blessing to see this kid change his walk of violence to a walk with Jesus. He actually tried to be a mentor to our troubled kid today. He took the initiative to go in and talk to this young man and let him know that there are other ways to control your emotions than the ones that this child chose. I was so proud of him for trying to teach this kid a different way of life. We were just doing the same thing for him 2 months ago. Have you ever heard of the phrase "pass it on"? Well I was very happy to see that this kid is passing it on. Passing on the love of Jesus! He is proud of his salvation and is starting to witness to others. Please pray for the kids to continue to grow in their faith and for those who don't know the Lord, that they will come to know him. Please pray for Gary and I to continue to grow in God's will and for him to always supply us with what we need to be a good leader for these kids. Please pray that we are always seeking God's will. Love you guys and I am so glad you are here with me helping me. You are God's missionary by praying for us. Thank you for that. 


I WILL PRAY WITH THE SPIRIT, AND I WILL PRAY WITH THE UNDERSTANDING ALSO; I WILL SING WITH THE SPIRIT, AND I WILL SING WITH THE UNDERSTANDING ALSO.
                                                                      1 CORINTHIANS 14:14 

No comments:

Post a Comment