Friday, December 3, 2010

HAVE YOU CHOSEN YOUR PATH?

 Photo taken by my daughter, Lyndsie

Sometimes we wonder if we are on the  path that God wants us on. A lot of times once we are on the right path, we stray away and become of the world again. Not a loss of salvation, just a temptation from the devil. The devil is waiting to grab us in our weakest moments. Pray for Satan to get behind you! God wants what is best for us. We have to pray daily that we are on the right path for God and doing his will  in our lives. We have to pray that he will keep us strong to serve him. If God has asked you to serve him and you refuse to follow his commands, he can make your life miserable. (As I'm sure some of you know) Is this a reason to follow God...so you won't be miserable? Maybe, but my reason is more because I wish to please my Savior. I wish for peace in my life and I want to make my Heavenly Father happy and proud of me. I want God to know that I am on the path to please him. Does that mean I'm not going to mess up, and will always follow God's will for my life? No. It simply means that I will pray for his guidance and pray that he clearly shows me his will for my life. God is not a God of confusion. I know decisions I have made in the past that I thought God was asking me to do, turned out to be things that I had wanted for my life, and it was not God's will. I know friends that once worked to please God, and now have made that wrong turn on the path and have gone back to worldly things to make them happy. Are they happy? No. They are very miserable and don't understand why. Some of the kids here may not have chose their path. Their parent's may have chosen it for them. Does that mean they can't turn to God to help them get on the right path? No. God is always there to guide them step by step. God is an awesome God. He truly wants us to be happy. I know I have made my Lord cry tears over me when I turned to the world looking for happiness. Thank the good Lord he is a forgiving God who picked me up off my knee's and walked me back down the path of righteousness. If you need help please feel free to email me or call a pastor. The path is easy to find. God seeks you. He loves you and he is waiting for you to come back to him. All you have to do is ask. If he needs to he will carry you in his arms down his path,  and he won't put you down until your strong enough to stand. A promise from God!

SHOW MY YOUR WAYS, O LORD, TEACH ME YOUR PATHS;
GUIDE ME IN YOUR TRUTH AND TEACH ME,
FOR YOU ARE GOD MY SAVIOR,
AND MY HOPE IS IN YOU ALL DAY LONG.
                               PSALM 25:4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment