Sunday, January 2, 2011

By now you have probably all made your new year resolutions. I know I have made mine. Now the hard part is trying to stay true to the goal I have set for myself. I know that if I set my eyes on Jesus he will see me through. When we watched the movie Passion of Christ with the boys, it was the second time I had seen it. I seen it when it first came out and then again on New Years Eve. I think everyone should watch it at least twice a year. It reminded me how much my Jesus truly loves me. Oh I know that he loves me, but man that movie just brings it to life. One of the boys asked questions about events in the movie. Did they really beat Jesus that bad? Yes, so bad he was unrecognizable. Did he really ask God to forgive us when he was being crucified? Yes, he cried out for God to forgive us for we know not what we do. And then he gave his spirit up for us. How amazing is that! What an amazing God we serve. I am so honored to be serving my God in this ministry. I don't feel like I serve him enough. He gave so much for me and I give so little in return. So I'm setting my bar high and I'm praying to be able to reach the goal that Jesus wants from me and that I desire for myself. Me and one of our boys was reading the Bible last night. There was a verse that really gave us something to think about. Please read Hebrews 6:6. Let's not crucify Jesus twice....once was enough.

LET US FIX OUR EYES ON JESUS, THE AUTHOR AND PERFECTER OF OUR FAITH, WHO FOR THE JOY SET BEFORE HIM ENDURED THE CROSS, SCORNING ITS SHAME, AND SAT DOWN AT THE RIGHT HAND OF THE THRONE OF GOD.
                                                                                   HEBREWS 12:2

No comments:

Post a Comment