Monday, January 31, 2011

LOOKING FOR HAPPINESS? TURN TO JESUS!

I seen this picture and my very first thought was WALK AWAY FROM THE WORLD AND TURN TO JESUS! I know, easier said than done. So many of us think what the world has to offer is much more appealing than what God has to offer. So many of us are wrong and just don't realize it right now. Sure, on the outside what the Devil has to offer seems great. But on the inside you are miserable and still always longing for something. Love, money, big house, new car...I could go on and on. I used to be one of those people who thought I didn't need God. I could get everything on my own and I could find happiness without God. Boy was I sadly mistaken. I searched for happiness everywhere, but until I found God, I lived in misery. I know I'm not perfect and I know I falter everyday, but God forgives me. God understands me and God loves me. Whatever your ties are to the world, you will never find true happiness in them. When you finish that beer you won't see God's face at the bottom of the glass. When you put your debit card in at the ATM God won't spit out a message for you on the receipt. When you build that big house, God won't come for dinner until you invite him. You might find happiness until the new wears off, but then you are going to have to find something else to fill that void in your soul. God can completely fill that void and you will have to search no longer for your happiness. God can take the most unclean soul, clean it and prepare your life for a life of comfort and a life of eternity in a heavenly home. Sure you will still have struggles. That's God building you and teaching you to call on him. So whatever you are struggling with, give it to God. Ask him to bring happiness to your life. Make you heart clean for God and start fresh again. A chance to find true happiness...how amazing is our God? Amazing enough. So amazing that soon you will realize all you needed in the beginning was God. Turn from the world and try God. He's waiting...... for you!


LET THE WICKED FORSAKE HIS WAY AND THE EVIL MAN HIS THOUGHTS. LET HIM TURN TO THE LORD, AND HE WILL HAVE MERCY ON HIM, AND TO OUR GOD, FOR HE WILL FREELY PARDON.
                                ISAIAH 55:7

No comments:

Post a Comment