Saturday, January 8, 2011

CHANGE ME O LORD


Well I think this statement says it all!
I know that some of us women have met men and did not like certain things they did. We have all said; "I can change him after I marry him." Those of us who thought that, and now have been married for a while, well we know better now uh. No matter how much we want to change someone or how much we want them to     change, God is the only one who can change them and God is the only one who can change us. He can work through us to change someone but God is the one changing them. I try to tell the kids here, especially if they have recently been saved, that others will be watching them to see if their walk has changed. We may not realize it, but that's when we go under the magnifying glass. People want to see if we are different after we accept Jesus as our personal Savior. I want to be different and the one who stands out in the crowd. Do you? I can tell you one sure way to do that. Get in God's word and read it constantly. If you are reading your Bible and having your study time with God, he will change you. I can say that I'm guilty of not reading my Bible as often as I should. I pray that God gives me the time I need to sit down and talk to him and study his word so that he can reveal who he needs me to be. I feel so much better when I read God's word and have time to focus on what he has to tell me. It's kind of like the music the kids listen to. If they only listened to Christian music and truly sought the message in the music, they would experience a whole new level of their witnessing tool. If you are used to listening to just country music, I challenge you to change the station to a Christian channel. Listen to that channel for 1 week and see if you find a difference in your life and your attitude. If you truly want to change....God can do. I promise you that. God has a plan for us all. He's just waiting on us to be receptive to what he has planned for us. Pray with an open heart and be willing to hear what God has to say to you.  He will speak to you......you just have to be ready to listen.........and to be changed.  


AND HE SAID: I TELL YOU THE TRUTH, UNLESS YOU CHANGE AND BECOME LIKE LITTLE CHILDREN, YOU WILL NEVER ENTER THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN. THEREFORE, WHOEVER HUMBLES HIMSELF LIKE THIS CHILD IS THE GREATEST IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.
                                                                                                                                                  MATTHEW 17:3-4                                                                                                 
                                                                                                                                          
                    

No comments:

Post a Comment