Monday, January 31, 2011

GOD IS GOOD!


We have a kid here at the home that has only been here about 6 months now. He came here saying; I'm only court ordered here for 6 months then I'm going to go back to my life on the streets making money. I have to be honest, when we first came here he was hard for me to deal with. I dreaded him coming because he was mean and threaten to hit my son several times. Well we all know things don't stay the same for long. We continued to love on him and tell him about how great Jesus was and how he could change lives. It was hard for his guy to understand that after everything he did, God could forgive him. I told him if God could forgive me, he could forgive anybody. Well, about 2-3 months ago he got saved. The first couple of weeks of him being a Christian was hard for him. At one point he became frustrated for thoughts he was having and threw his Bible and his cross necklaces on the floor and said; I don't want to be a Christian. It's too hard! He went to his room and didn't come out the rest of the night. I was broken hearted because I thought this guy had won his battle. Unfortunately, the Devil was just beginning on him. We kept giving him scriptures to read to help build him and show him that God didn't say it was going to be easy. Within the next few days he was wanting his Bible and necklaces back. He would study his Bible and hold it up and say; I'm growing, I'm growing. Two weeks ago this kid told me he wanted to preach. Can you believe that...it wants to preach! I told him we would talk to the preacher at church and see if he would let him do a Bible study one night. Well this guy is inpatient. He wanted to teach us about God. Last night at church they were having a sing out but no preaching. We told this boy that we would stay home and let him preach to us. He sat at the kitchen table for about 2 hours working on his sermon. Gary made him a pulpit and we turned this guy loose on all our cottage boys. Now you know it's hard for men to get up and preach in front of crowds, but to get up in front of their peers is even harder. He had 10 people in his church, not bad for a beginning. :) He preached on Psalm and quoted some of his verses by heart. He did such a great job and I was so very proud of him. He was smiling from ear to ear just knowing he was getting to tell all of us about his Jesus. It's hard to believe that 4 months ago I dreaded being around this guy and now he is teaching me things about Jesus. Only God could make that type of change in someone. I have a feeling that this guy is going to do great things for God. And who knows, he may lead an army to Jesus before it's all said and done. Praise our mighty Lord and Savior!

                                                      GOD'S WORD IS SO GOOD.
FOR THOSE GOD FOREKNEW HE ALSO PREDESTINED TO BE CONFORMED TO THE LIKENESS OF HIS SON, THAT HE MIGHT BE THE FIRSTBORN AMONG MANY BROTHERS. AND THOSE HE PREDESTINED, HE ALSO CALLED; THOSE HE CALLED; HE ALSO JUSTIFIED; THOSE HE JUSTIFIED, HE ALSO GLORIFIED.
                                                                    ROMANS 8:29-30

No comments:

Post a Comment